What is the storysack subscription?
Our storysack subscription includes a picture book or fairytale story with props, puppets and toys that can be used to bring the story to life. Stories include well known traditional tales such as The Three Little Pigs and The Gingerbread Man and modern picture books.
We know many of you already have The Gruffalo and The Very Hungry Caterpillar toys so we've carefully selected classic but more unusual picture books such as Rumble in the Jungle and The Christmas Bear that we know you and your little ones will love enjoying these again and again. You can buy some of the more well known storysacks such as The Gruffalo. We're Going on a Bear Hunt and Stick Man individually on our website. Visit here for more details.
When will it be posted out?
Subscriptions (including the one off purchase) will be posted out in the first week of the month. Your storysack will be posted to you at the beginning of the month after we receive your payment (for example, if you sign up on 5th May your storysack will be posted at the beginning of June).
Subscribe to our storysack subscription and you'll receive a storysack bag delivered directly to your door each month - choose either a one off or subscribe for 3 months and save 5%, 6 months and save 8% or 12 months and save 10%
Please note: If you order other items at the same time as your first storysack these items will be posted with your storysack. If you require items to be delivered before your storysack please create a separate order and pay usual postage costs.
When will I pay?
Your subscription payment will be collected at the same time each month.
What is the recommended age for this storysack?
This storysack subscription is suitable for children from 2-5 years. Some of the items included may be for children 3+ years.
Which storysacks will I receive?
To review the themes visit here. Please note storysacks may change, subject to availability.
How long do I have to subscribe for, can I cancel at any time and can I pause my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Please send us a message if you'd like to cancel your subscription or skip a month please contact us. You can email us, text us or contact us via our Instagram or Facebook pages.
Storysacks support children's learning in the following ways:
- Provide exciting, enjoyable play experiences – which can be enjoyed anytime, any place, anywhere
- Spark an interest and enjoyment of books and reading that will last beyond their childhood years
- Promote early literacy, communication and speech development
- Stimulate sensory discovery and exploration, discussing difference in texture, colour, shape and size of the different objects
- Develop self confidence and social skills, when used one-to-one with child and adult
- Build on focus and attention & encourages active participation
- Allow an outlet for creative & self expression through child’s own pretend play with the story related resources & accessories – they can re-enact the story or even create their own puppet show for others to watch!
- Encourage reading together, co-operation, sharing and taking turns
- Opportunity for repetition of the use of the sacks as many times as desired, in doing so building children’s memory skills of the details/dialogue within the story itself and the characters