Subscribe to our fairytale storysack subscription and you'll receive a fairytale storysack delivered directly to your door each month - choose either a one off or subscribe for 3 months and save 5% or for 6 months and save 10%.
Our faiytale storysack for May is Chicken Licken.
Storysacks include a fairytale picture book, drawstring bag and props, puppets or toys that can be used to help bring the story to life.
We'll have a different storysack each month and which will be based on a popular fairytales including The Three Little Pigs, Jack and the Beanstalk and Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
Subscriptions will be posted out in the first week of the month. Your first storysack will be posted to you the month after we receive your first payment (for example, if you sign up in January your first storysack will be posted at the beginning of February).
Please note: If you order other items at the same time as your first storysack these items will be posted with your storysack. If you require items to be delivered before your storysack please create a separate order and pay usual postage costs. Discount codes cannot be used on subscription orders.
Your subscription payment will be collected at the same time each month.
Storysacks support children's learning in the following ways:
- Provide exciting, enjoyable play experiences – which can be enjoyed anytime, any place, anywhere
- Spark an interest and enjoyment of books and reading that will last beyond their childhood years
- Promote early literacy, communication and speech development
- Stimulate sensory discovery and exploration, discussing difference in texture, colour, shape and size of the different objects
- Develop self confidence and social skills, when used one-to-one with child and adult
- Build on focus and attention & encourages active participation
- Allow an outlet for creative & self expression through child’s own pretend play with the story related resources & accessories – they can re-enact the story or even create their own puppet show for others to watch!
- Encourage reading together, co-operation, sharing and taking turns
- Opportunity for repetition of the use of the sacks as many times as desired, in doing so building children’s memory skills of the details/dialogue within the story itself and the characters