Rod Campbell's classic lift-the-flap book Dear Zoo has been a firm favourite with toddlers and parents alike ever since it was first published in 1982.
Young children will love lifting the flaps to discover the animals the zoo has sent – a monkey, a lion and even an elephant! But will they ever manage to send the perfect pet?
With bright, bold artwork, a catchy refrain and a whole host of favourite animals, Dear Zoo is a must for every child's bookshelf – and the thick card pages, chunky cased cover and sturdy flaps make it perfect for small hands.
The storysack includes:
Lanka Kade elephant, camel, puppy, giraffe, camel and frog,
Dear Zoo book
Cotton bag to keep everything in
Storysacks support children's learning in the following ways:
- Provide exciting, enjoyable play experiences – which can be enjoyed anytime, any place, anywhere
- Spark an interest and enjoyment of books and reading that will last beyond their childhood years
- Promote early literacy, communication and speech development
- Stimulate sensory discovery and exploration, discussing difference in texture, colour, shape and size of the different objects
- Develop self confidence and social skills, when used one-to-one with child and adult
- Build on focus and attention & encourages active participation
- Allow an outlet for creative & self expression through child’s own pretend play with the story related resources & accessories – they can re-enact the story or even create their own puppet show for others to watch!
- Encourage reading together, co-operation, sharing and taking turns
- Opportunity for repetition of the use of the sacks as many times as desired, in doing so building children’s memory skills of the details/dialogue within the story itself and the characters